HRH the Deputy King chairs the weekly cabinet meeting
HRH the Deputy King chairs the weekly cabinet meeting
The Deputy King, His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, today chaired the weekly cabinet meeting at Gudaibiya Palace.
The Cabinet emphasised the importance of the meeting held between His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and the President of the Arab Republic of Egypt, HE Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, in Sharm El-Sheikh. The Cabinet noted the two countries' desire to improve cooperation across areas of common interests.
The Cabinet highlighted the significance of the tripartite summit between His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, His Majesty King Abdullah II Ibn Al Hussein, and the President of Egypt, HE Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi. The Cabinet took the opportunity to commend the summit for its contribution to strengthening Arab national security, collective Arab action, and efforts to combat terrorism and maintain regional security and stability.
The Cabinet then extended its gratitude to Their Highnesses, Excellencies, Deputy Prime Ministers, and previous ministers for their contributions to the Kingdom's achievements.
HRH the Deputy King welcomed the new Cabinet members and directed them to double efforts to further develop government workstreams and enhance the quality of government services provided to citizens. In this regard, His Royal Highness stressed that efforts should be focused on development initiatives and projects that will provide Bahraini citizens with promising opportunities, and the Economic Recovery Plan's progress should take priority.
His Royal Highness noted that Bahrain is home to an open environment that values safety, security, and ambition, factors that will encourage new Cabinet members to achieve development goals.
On behalf of the Cabinet, the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure, HE Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, expressed his gratitude to His Majesty the King for forming the new Cabinet.
HE Shaikh Khaled bin Abdullah conveyed his appreciation for HRH the Crown Prince and Prime Minister's investment in the Kingdom's workforce by appointing them to executive positions across the public sector.
HE Shaikh Khalid recalled the Kingdom’s pioneers who have had a profound impact in shaping government policy and Bahrain’s development.
The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Infrastructure then renewed his pledge to HM King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa to continue Team Bahrain's efforts to further the Kingdom’s development and ensure challenges are turned into opportunities.
The Cabinet then praised the role of Bahrain's press as a proactive participant in the Kingdom's development and congratulated the winners of the sixth edition of the Prime Minister's Award for Journalism.
The Cabinet commended the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications and Bahrain Airport Company for Bahrain International Airport being named as 'The World’s Best New Airport' by the Skytrax 2022 World Airport Awards.
The Cabinet discussed several memorandums during the meeting with the following outcomes:
The approval of the following memorandums:
1. A memorandum by the Minister of Finance and National Economy regarding the Kingdom's quarterly economic report for Q1 of 2022. The report indicated that the national economy recorded an annual growth of 5.5% at constant prices during Q1, and the non-oil sector recorded growth of 7.8%. These positive outcomes reflect national efforts on financial sustainability and economic stability in accordance with the Economic Recovery Plan.
2. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs, presented by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs, regarding three MoUs between the Ministry of Interior and the United States Department of Homeland Security, designed to enhance cooperation between the two countries in relation to combating terrorist financing, cybersecurity and drone systems.
3. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs, presented by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs, regarding the exemption of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic, service and special passports between the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic. This is in addition to an MoU between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the two countries regarding political consultation.
4. A memorandum by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs regarding the performance of government agencies in the “Sijilat”, “Tawasul” and “Benayat” portals, during the second quarter of 2022. The efficiency and quality of government services provided to citizens, and support for the Kingdom's commercial and investment activities, were reviewed.
5. A memorandum by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs regarding the institutional identity guide for the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain, designed to unify the identity and branding of all ministries and government agencies.
6. A memorandum by the Ministerial Committee for Legal and Legislative Affairs, presented by the Minister of Cabinet Affairs, regarding the government's response to six proposals submitted by the Council of Representatives.
The Cabinet took note of Ministerial reports on the meeting of the Bahraini-British Ministerial Working Group, participation in the 116th session of the Executive Council of the World Tourism Organization, the 12th Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organization and the visit of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Slovak Republic to the Kingdom of Bahrain.